CL210 -Red Hat OpenStack Administration II
Install, configure, and maintain a cloud computing environment using Red Hat OpenStack Platform
This course teaches system administrators how to implement a cloud-computing environment using Red Hat® OpenStack® Platform, including installation, configuration, and maintenance.
This course can also help your prepare for the Red Hat Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack exam (EX210).
This course is based on Red Hat OpenStack Platform 8.
WAYS TO TRAIN/TEST
Red Hat offers a method of training that is convenient to you – classroom, online, or at your site.
Red Hat OpenStack Administration II (CL210) will also begin the transition from administering OpenStack using Horizon to using the unified command-line interface. Exam competencies covered in the course include: configure Red Hat OpenStack Platform using OpenStack Director, manage users, projects, flavors, roles, images, networking, and block storage, automation (scale-out and scale-back), and build a customized image.
Course content summary
- Launch instances
- Manage core OpenStack services using the unified command-line interface
- Migrate instances between compute nodes
- Build a customized JEOS image
- Automatically scale-out and scale-back applications
- Audience and prerequisites
This course is designed for Linux system administrators, cloud administrators, and cloud operators.
Prerequisites for this course
Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or equivalent knowledge and experience
Outline for this course
Introduce and review the course.
Keystone identity service
Install, configure, and use the Keystone authentication services.
Manage hardware profiles.
Manage OpenStack networks.
Manage floating IP addresses
Manage floating IP addresses.
Manage security groups
Manage OpenStack security groups and security rules.
Add additional compute nodes
Add additional compute nodes to OpenStack.
Build a customized image
Build and customize an operating system image.
Deploy Red Hat OpenStack Platform
Deploy Red Hat OpenStack Platform.
Deploy scalable applications
Deploy stacks (applications) that provide scale out/scale back capabilities.
Review Red Hat OpenStack Platform II.
Recommended next exam or course
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack exam (EX210)
- Demonstrate your ability to build and manage private clouds using Red Hat OpenStack Platform.
- Red Hat OpenStack Administration III (CL310)
- Learn to deploy, manage, and configure Red Hat Ceph® Storage and Red Hat OpenStack Platform.
- Red Hat OpenStack Administration III with exam (CL311)
- Learn to deploy, manage, and configure Red Hat Ceph Storage and Red Hat OpenStack Platform and demonstrate your skills and knowledge to become a Red Hat Certified Engineer in Red Hat OpenStack.